Thursday, August 11, 2011

First Day of school!

WOW!!! Summer is gone and I met my new kids today (all 75 of them)!!! I am teaching Math this year, and I am actually pumped about it now! I am excited to JUST teach math and really dig into it with my kids for a 90 minute block!!

Overall, the parents seem very supportive. I hope I still think this come September! I hope mom is still there then too. Since someone is back that wasnt supposed to be. :( BOOO. I had some parents say that they heard alot of good things of about me. I hope to meet their expectations! That being said, I am excited. Teaching is where I am suppose to be. But I just hate all of the testing. What I want to "produce" is a group of kids tht love learning and that will make a huge difference in our society. I want to be the person that inspires them to do and become anything that they can dream of!!

So, I am still thinking about my motto for the year, "Don't let the things you cant control, control you!" I just keep repeating it over and over and hopefully it will be inbedded in my mind.

My oldest starts 3rd grade tomorrow, I can not believe that he is growing up so super fast. I remember when he didnt want to leave me. Now, he doesnt want me to walk him to class anymore. I am proud but also sad of this new revalation. But I know that he will still come to me when he needs me.

My hubby goes out of town on business the weekend. ;( another sad face.  We will miss him bunches. I already am looking forward to him coming home on Sunday.
Pin It Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment