Saturday, July 7, 2012

Pinterest Idea: Double Decker Serving Tray

After a Trip to Hobby Lobby today, a Pinterest Idea sparked an interest!  I was able to purchase 2 spring time plates and a plain glass candle holder for a grand total of $3.49 (plus some Tacky glue, but I didnt put that in the cost because I will be using that for something else)!!

Everything was on sale total= $3.49!

Carefully, while arguing with my son over some Coco Puffs, I used some hair spray and an old tooth brush to get all of the price tags and stickers off of everything. I don't know what I was thinking because I had apparently bought the most stickered up ones that had!



                                  
 I then placed the candle stick holder in the center of what I determined to be the bottom tray (plate).







Take your Tacky Glue and put glue around the top of the candle stick holder and place the top tray (plate) ontop. I then created a weight from a cup of water to sit ontop until it dried.




Yep you guessed it, being the crafty person that I am! I forgot to glue the bottom tray (plate) to the candlestick holder first! SO, after I removed the hand-made weight, I put some Tacky Glue on the bottom, centered it, and then placed the weight back ontop of the top tray!
Pin It Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment